Voting day is Monday, October 18, 2021. Polls open at 10:00 AM and close at 8:00 PM at the Taber Community Centre (Auditorium).
What if I Can't Vote on Election Day?
Advanced Voting is available to all eligible voters of the Town of Taber. You may choose to vote at the advanced vote or on election day, but you may only vote once.
Details about Advanced Voting will be made available in 2021.
If you are physically unable to attend a voting station, you may arrange to vote in your residence. This service is also available to individuals dependent on accessible transportation. This service is only provided on Election Day if you are:
- a housebound voter
- living in your own residence
- unable to attend Advance Voting Polls or the Voting Station in your area
You must request this service in advance. Requests for this service must be made by contacting the Returning Officer (deadline for booking this service will be updated in 2021). You will be advised of an approximate time when the Election Officers will attend the voter's residence.
When requesting this service, please provide the following information:
- reason(s) voter is unable to attend the Voting Station
- voter's name, address and telephone number
- times (if any) that the voter is unavailable on Election Day
The Town of Taber will be holding Voting Stations at a number of institutions. Voters who live in these locations will be visited by election workers on Election Day. The times of these votes will be announced in 2021. This service is only for residents of the following institutions:
- Clearview Lodge
- Taber Hospital
What Voters Need to Know
Voter Identification is required by all voters. Each voter must produce one piece of identification that establishes both the elector's name and current address.
A Driver's License or an Alberta Identification Card is acceptable. Photo identification is not required.
Please note there are no voting lists, and voters cannot have someone verbally vouch for them.
Don't have ID or not sure what's acceptable? Check out this list.
You are an eligible voter if you:
- are at least 18 years old
- are a Canadian Citizen
- have resided in Alberta for the six (6) consecutive months immediately preceding Election Day
- are a resident of the Town of Taber on Election Day
- can provide authorized identification
All voters must sign the voting register stating that they meet these qualifications before they will be given a ballot.
Note: Landed immigrants and British subjects are not eligible to vote.
Information on Election Candidates
The Taber Land Use Bylaw Section 2.21.8 outlines the rules for campaign signs as follows:
- Maximum Sign Area is 4.5 square metres
- Maximum Clear Height: 3.5 metres
- Election signs for municipal elections may be erected 30 days prior to the election day and must be removed within three days of the election day
- Election signs may not be illuminated or attached to trees
- The Town is not required to give notice for the removal of an unlawful election sign.
- No person shall deface or willfully cause damage to a lawfully erected election sign.
- Election signs may be posted on public property subject to the following conditions:
- Signs cannot be placed between the curb and the sidewalk; if there is no sidewalk, signs cannot be placed within 1 metre of the curb or edge of the pavement
- Signs cannot be placed within 30 metres of an intersection or pedestrian crossover or be located on a median or island
- Election signs may be posted on private property subject to the following conditions:
- Signs are posted with the consent of the owner or occupant of the property
- Signs may only be higher than 2 metres above ground level provided the signs are displayed indoors
SHOULD CAMPAIGN SIGNS REMAIN POSTED AFTER THE INDICATED TIME FRAME, THE TOWN SHALL DIRECT THE SIGNS BE REMOVED WITH ALL COSTS BEING CHARGED BACK THE CORRESPONDING CANDIDATE.
Please note that the Town does not conduct any forums for municipal elections in order to remain a neutral party in the election. If a third party conducts an election forum, we will post the information here.