Taber Public Library operates under the guidelines as set out by the Alberta Libraries Act and the Town of the Taber Municipal Library Board Bylaws. The Taber Library also follows and adheres to the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Canadian Library Association position statement on Intellectual Freedom.
The Taber Public Library will provide a wide range of friendly, efficient library service based upon the needs of the community.
It is the mission of the Taber Public Library to meet the informational, educational, recreational and cultural needs of the community.
Taber Public Library is a member of the Chinook Arch Regional Library System which is made up of 32 member libraries and 39 Municipalities and serves a population 180,225.
Meetings of the Taber Library Board are held in the library located at 5415-50th Ave., and are held the 2nd Tuesday of the month, except July and August. Meetings begin at 5:15 pm.
Current Members of the Taber Municipal Library Board:
- Cindy Varga, Chair/Treasurer
- Darlene Mitchell, Vice-Chair
- Marilyn Kambeitz, Secretary
- Sharon Holtman, Citizen-at-large
- Erica Hughes, Citizen-at-large
- Jolie Sturm, Citizen-at-large
- Councillor Carly Firth
- Councillor Tamara Miyanaga (Municipal District of Taber representative)