The Town of Taber provides water, sewer, storm water, solid waste collection, and recycling depots for residents and businesses located in Taber. See all the sections below for more information on each service.
Utility Rates & Fees
Utility Rates for each of these services are established by Council through the annual budget process, and are found within the Town's Fee Bylaw. Click below to see the current bylaw, or click here to be taken to the Town's list of bylaws where you can also find the Fee Bylaw.
The Town of Taber also offers a convenient e-Billing program which allows you to receive your monthly utility statements by email.
Having trouble understanding your utility bill?
What is Utility e-Billing?
Utility e-Billing is a free service which enables you to receive your utility statements by email instead of regular mail.
How do I sign up?
You can also print and mail the form, or bring it to the Town of Taber office.
Does this change how I pay my utility bill?
Choosing to sign up for e-Billing does not affect the way you pay your utility bill. Customers will continue to have the following options for payment: Cash, Debit, Online Banking/Telephone Banking, credit card payments, at your financial institution, or Pre-Authorized Payments.
What if I do not receive my utility invoice by email?
By signing up for e-Billing you are assuming full responsibility for the receipt of your utility statements. You are responsible for notifying the Town of Taber if you do not receive your utility statement to obtain a copy as well as to update your information.
What if my information changes?
A written notification must be submitted to the Town of Taber to update or change any information regarding your utility e-Billing.
What if I change my mind and want to revert back to paper billing?
If you ever decide to stop the e-Billing notification service, simply email our Utilities Clerk with your request, reply “Stop” when you receive your e-Bill notification or contact the Utilities Clerk at (403) 223-5500 ext.6002.
Terms and Conditions
- By signing up for the e-Billing service the customer agrees to receive an electronic invoice in place of a paper invoice, however, all correspondence and collection of outstanding amounts will continue to be paper based.
- The customer must have a working internet connection with email capability and the capability to open .PDF files.
- The customer must inform the Utilities Clerk at the Town of Taber of any changes to their email address or should they wish to cancel the e-Billing service and resume paper invoices.
- Utility statements sent from the Town of Taber are not password protected, therefore, the customer acknowledges that they are aware of the risks associated with transmitting information by email and will assume all responsibility for maintaining security of the email including, but limited to, their email provider and users of their personal computer or computer network.
- All statements sent shall be due and payable on the “due date” of each statement. The customer remains fully responsible for ensuring the receipt and acknowledgement of all utility statements.
Utility statements are produced monthly and are due on or around the last day of the month.
Payments made after the due date are subject to penalty.
We provide several convenient options for you to pay your bill:
- At most Financial Institutions: Please note that payments made at most financial institutions, online banking, telephone banking or ATM may take 3 – 5 business days to reach the Town of Taber
- Through the Town of Taber’s Utility Pre-Authorized Payment program.
- Payments may be made by cash, cheque or debit
- Credit card payments online (more information here)
By Mailing your cheque or money order to Town of Taber, A-4900 50 Street, Taber, AB, T1G 1T1
The Secure drop box located outside the front doors of the Administration Building at A-4900 50 Street. (Please ensure you put your payment in the Town drop box and not the MD of Taber drop box)
In person at the Town of Taber Administration Building, A-4900 50 Street, Taber, Monday to Friday during regular business hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
Please note that if you are experiencing difficulties entering your utility account number when paying your utilities through online banking, please replace the decimal point in your account number with a “0”. For example, if your utility account number is 123456.789, enter it as 1234560789. This will give you a ten (10) digit number and will be accepted by your financial institution.
Pre-Authorized Payment Plan
To sign for our Utility pre-authorized payment program, please complete the attached Pre-Authorized Utility Payment Form, attach a “VOID” cheque and send or bring into the Town of Taber Administration Building.
What do I do if my bank account changes?
In order to change your banking information, please provide a new “VOID” cheque. At least one (1) week’s written notification is required.
How do I cancel from the Plan?
Please complete the attached Cancellation of Pre-Authorized Payment Form and provide it to our office. At least two (2) weeks’ notice is required.
Bulk Water Station
There is a Bulk Water Station located at 6335 65th Street, Taber (behind Bluewave Energy), off Highway 36 North. Please stop by the Town of Taber Office, Administration Building, to set up your bulk water account. Accounts are pre-paid and payments can be made at the Town of Taber office or through online banking.
Water, Wastewater & Stormwater
For more information on water, wastewater and storm water, visit the Public Works Utilities Page.
If you have require assistance in regards to water, wastewater, or distribution services phone 403-223-5501. If it is an emergency, phone the 24/7 on-call number at 403-634-8668.
Garbage and Recycling
To learn more about our waste collection and recycling services, please click here.
Landfill Transfer Station
Click here for more information on the Taber Transfer Station.
The Town’s sanitary landfill site is located just west of the town boundary (½ mile south and west of MD Park on Hwy 864). Go west on 64 Avenue until you reach Hwy 864 – you will see the entrance.
You can contact the Town of Taber Transfer Station at 403-223-5569.