The Taber Police Service was established in 1904. We strive to inform, involve, and protect the community of Taber.
The members of the Taber Police Service, believe that:
- Police work is not performed in a social vacuum;
- There needs to be a partnership between the police and the community;
- We exist to serve and are therefore accountable to the community;
- The citizens of Taber are the ultimate consumers of police services and should be provided the opportunity for input into our priorities;
- We must determine community concerns and be proactive in the community to address those concerns;
- Every effort must be made to inform the community of what we are doing and the results of our efforts.
We believe in an honest work environment that encourages trust and respect of fellow employees, as well as that of the community.
We believe that our actions should be based on an internally consistent framework of principles and, furthermore, that everything we do as a police service or as individuals is based on our defined set of core values.
We believe that we should treat each other, as employees, as well as those in the community for which we serve, with kindness and empathy.
We believe that our actions as a police service and individuals should be transparent and that we are responsible for our decisions and policies. We understand that we are accountable and answerable to the community of Taber and our governing body.
We believe that we should adhere to the highest standards of professionalism and that we should maintain our standards through reflection, review and audits.
- Download the Taber Police Service's organizational chart