Tank Permits & Licenses 

Licenses and permits are required for petroleum tanks only.

For an application form, please choose the appropriate one below:

Fireworks & Pyrotechnics Permits

Fireworks are restricted by the Alberta Fire Code and the Town's Fire Services Bylaw. Fire Department permission is required for all fireworks transactions and displays. Please contact us for more information.

If you are planning an event with fireworks, you may also need to fill out a Special Event Application. See more information here.

Occupancy Loads and Inspections

If your business requires an inspection to determine occupancy limits, please contact us and we will be happy to assist.

If you require occupancy loads and numbers for your event or for AGLC requirements, please contact us so we may assist you.

Commercial Burn Permits

In Taber, commercial burn permits are issued at the discretion of the Fire Chief. Applications must be made in person at the William Ferguson Emergency Services Building, located at 5207 A 49th Avenue.

Installing a Backyard Fire Pit In Town

Recreational fire pits are allowed without a permit number in the Town of Taber and must follow the Fire Services bylaw requirements.

Fire pits are classified as recreational fires. Permissible fire pits under the bylaw have the following characteristics:

  • Fire pits must be at least 10 feet (3.048 m) away from any property line or structure.
  • Fire pits must be constructed of noncombustible material on a noncombustible base.
  • Fire pits must be covered with a quarter-inch (6mm) maximum metal mesh grate
  • Fire pits must be supervised by a person 18 years of age or older.
  • Only clean, dry wood may be burned in fire pits.

Want more info? We have some great tips and information for backyard fire pits in the video below: