Taber Trout Pond Campground
The Town of Taber is pleased to now offer camping at our Trout Pond, located west of Highway 864.
There are nine (9) sites currently at the Taber Trout Pond available for both RV and tent camping. Our Trout Pond is a bustling area for fishing, walking, and kayaking surrounded by the beautiful Albertan prairie. Located only a few kilometres west of Taber, you will have access to all the amenities our Town has to offer while still being able to relax away from the hustle-and-bustle.
Ken McDonald Memorial Sports Complex Campground
These sixteen (16) campsites at the KMMSC have recently been opened for camping to the public and have received some improvements which include fire pits at each site! This campground with it's lush green grass, playground, washroom/shower facilities, and 15 amp power is a great option for your temporary home while you stay in Taber for a tournament or visit. Enjoy your stay, we are happy to have you! Learn more about our Ken McDonald Memorial Sports Complex here!
*To help everyone enjoy their stay, we require compliance with the following regulations.
We look forward to welcoming you for a stay at our campsites!
Booking a Campsite
- No reservations are allowed. All campsites are first-come first-served.
- Once you have parked in your chosen site, booking and payment must be made immediately by calling the Aquafun Centre at 403-223-5544 ext 3 to set up your online account and book.
- Campsites cost $31.00 per night.
- A maximum of 14 consecutive days will be permitted for camping.
- Check-in is 2pm & Check out is 11am.
- Only electrical service is provided. The Town of Taber does not provide equipment for use (cords, converters, etc). The Town of Taber is not responsible for any damage or loss incurred through the use of these outlets.
- Camping is permitted in designated sites only unless otherwise authorized.
- At no time shall vehicles/trailers drive on or be parked on the grass.
- Each paid site is allowed to have one (1) additional tent on the grass adjacent to their site at no additional charge.
- Open fires are permitted only in the designated fire pit where supplied.
- Portable appliances are permitted.
- All garbage and recycling must be placed in appropriate containers.
- The Town of Taber reserves the right to manage and supervise the premises, including the right to terminate Registrant's privileges to use the camping sites for any default of these terms/conditions by the registrant, registrant's family members, or guests.
- All bylaws of the Town of Taber apply.
The Taber Trout Pond is stocked with Silver Steelhead Trout, and fishing is allowed. The Town encourages a catch-and-release program. All Alberta Sportfishing Regulations apply if you choose to fish.
We allow non-motorized boats on the water as well.
If you want to enjoy the scenery, we have kilometres of paved walking trail surrounding the entire Trout Pond and into the coulees. To learn more about our trails and see a map, click here.