Town of TaberHome Menu
As part of our Alberta Environment approvals for our potable water, the Town of Taber is required to test households in our community. This is not new, as this rule has been in effect for decades. But the Town wants to make our data pool more varied and reflect a wider range of households, so we are asking the people of Taber who may be interested to sign up to be put on our list of willing test homes. To sign up, please fill out the form below.
How the Testing Works
- You sign up using the form below, and we put your address and contact information on our list of homes willing to be tested.
- When it's time to test, our crews randomly choose from our list of volunteer houses and contact you to confirm if you are available to let us into your home to get a sample.
- One of our Water Services Crew Members will come to your home between 10 AM - 11 AM on either Monday or Tuesday if your home is chosen as one of the random testing sites.
- Our Water Services Member will take a sample of water from your home's most-used tap.
- And that's it! It is as easy as that, and will only take about 15 minutes of your time.
What we Need From Homeowners
- Ability to let us into your house between 10 AM - 11 AM on either a Monday or Tuesday (which are our test days)
- Must be a home located within the municipal boundaries of the Town of Taber
- Willing to let us take a small sample from your home's most-used tap
- The Town cannot test your home more than quarterly, by regulation.
- It's more likely that your home would be tested only once per year or even once every three years (if we get enough volunteers).
- Our staff will be willing to wear a mask while inside your home for your own safety and comfort. Please indicate if this is your choice on the sign-up form.