Our Planning Department in collaboration with our Economic Development Department are offering young Taberites permits for their holiday gingerbread house- because we're all about safety in construction, even during the holiday season!
Children are invited to design their dream gingerbread house on paper, complete the permit, and hand it back in to the Planning Department. Santa's Elves will be judging for the best houses in each age category for a North Pole Sur-prize!
Permits start November 14th to December 14th at 4:30 PM.
Contest Details & Rules
Submissions accepted: November 14th at 8:00 AM to December 14th, 4:30 PM
Submission Form (paper copies are also available at the Town Office front desk or the Planning counter)
How to Enter:
- Download the Permit Form.
- Have your child design their dream gingerbread house on the "Proposed Construction" page (sky is the limit- get creative!).
- Make sure there are NO NAMES anywhere on the design- the judging will be anonymous.
- No need to actually build the gingerbread house! Drawings on the paper submission form are good enough for us!
- Parents/Guardians must fill out the Parental Permission Form page.
- Hand both the Design & Parental Permission form back in to the Town's Planning Department counter (A 4900 50th Street) before December 14th (we will be accepting submissions all month long).
- That's it! You'll get your approval from Santa's Elves and hopefully the judges will like your design!
- Only eligible children living within the municipal boundaries of the Town of Taber are eligible to participate.
- Children must be within the age categories noted below, and must have signed parent/guardian consent to participate.
- All participants must adhere to the Contest Rules. Those who do not will be disqualified.
Contest Age Categories
There will be $150 Taber Chamber Bucks prizes available for each age category. The judges will evaluate based on creativity alone, and all submissions will be anonymous to the judges.
- Ages 0-5
- Ages 6-10
- Ages 11-14
- Ages 15-17
Submitter's parents/guardians must correctly answer a skill-testing question in order to receive the winnings. The Town will contact the parent/guardian of the winner in each category in order for the participant to collect their winnings.