The Government of Alberta is responsible for COVID-19 vaccinations in Alberta. To see the phases of rollout and to sign up when it's your turn, please click here.
Help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Taber and in Alberta. Latest info (including stats, health orders, and more): click this link.
Stay informed on how you can help prevent the spread. Concerns about your health? Call Health Link 811.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
The Government of Alberta is responsible for the COVID-19 vaccine rollout for Albertans. The Government has announced planned phases for distribution. To see who is currently eligible, please click here.
Vaccines are safe, effective, and save lives. The vaccine helps prevent you from getting infected and protects you from getting severely sick if you do get COVID-19. To see answers to frequently asked questions about vaccine safety and how it works, please click here.
How to Book a Vaccination Appointment
First, please check if you are currently eligible for a vaccine. If you are not yet eligible, please sign up for a notification.
If you are eligible and are ready to book your vaccination appointment, please call Health Link at 811 or using the online portal here.
If you need help with transportation to your appointment, please call 211 for information on available options.
What to Expect at your Appointment
Alberta Health Services has provided the following tips for your vaccine appointment:
- When arriving at the clinic, we encourage everyone to wait in their cars until five minutes before their appointment time.
- Each appointment is booked approximately 10 minutes apart.
- It is anticipated that each individual will be at the vaccine clinic for approximately 20-25 minutes which includes the monitoring time after the vaccine is given.
- A waiting room is available for individuals to sit after their vaccination.
- Our clinics are wheelchair accessible and staff will be on-hand to assist individuals that require help.
- Each vaccine clinic has a wheelchair accessible washroom onsite.
- Please ensure you have government-issued identification, and your Alberta Health Care number/card with you at your appointment.
For more answers about what to expect at your appointment, please click here.
Be Aware of Fraud and Scams
Please note that vaccines are free, and Alberta Health Services and the Government of Alberta will never ask for payment for a COVID-19 vaccine or to book an appointment. There are a number of fraudulent activities being reported in regards to the COVID-19 vaccine. Do not buy COVID-19 vaccines online or from unauthorized sources. The only way to access safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines is through clinics organized and endorsed by Alberta Health Services and the Government of Alberta.
To see a list of currently-known scams and fraud related to COVID-19, please click here.
Mandatory Masking Requirements
The Government of Alberta has announced that starting September 4th at 8:00 AM, masks are MANDATORY in all indoor public spaces and workplaces. More details are found here.
The Town would like to remind citizens that regardless of your views on masking, being kind is encouraged at all times. Please be courteous and non-judgmental to business owners, workers, and anyone you encounter in public, regardless of your viewpoint. As Dr. Hinshaw says: “we are all in this together” and we will get through this pandemic together as a community.
COVID-19 Low German Mennonite Translated Information
Bliew oppmoakjsom un lia wieda wo du kaust halpen de Krankeit väabieejen.
Bedürfnisse äwa juna Gesundheit? Phone Health Link 811
For the English information provided within this video, please see the information sections below or click here.
Taber's Response to COVID-19
We know the public is carefully following updates on COVID-19, and that includes our residents here in Taber. We want to assure the public that we are taking this seriously as the health and safety of our citizens, staff, and visitors are our highest priority.
Considerations have been made that have affected certain Town services are outlined below. We have increased our cleaning and disinfecting procedures in our public facilities, and will follow the directions provided by the Public Health Agency of Canada and the Government of Alberta.
We have a team of staff constantly monitoring the situation and will act accordingly as the situation changes.
For information on COVID-19 and what you can do to help protect yourself and others, we strongly encourage our residents to refer to the Government of Alberta’s website.
Above all, we encourage our residents to use good hygiene practices, especially frequent handwashing. Cover your coughs and sneezes, and stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill. For questions about your health, visit the Health Link website.
The Administration Building is open to the public. To facilitate this, we have implemented some measures to keep you safe and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Masks are mandatory as per the Government of Alberta.
- We are only allowing one member of the public in the Town Lobby at one time.
- Citizens must wait on the marks on the floor in the main lobby if there is someone ahead in line.
- We ask that only one member of a household attend at a time to limit the amount of traffic in the office.
- The Town has hand sanitizer in our lobbies for each visitor to use before and after their interactions.
- Finally, we ask that anyone who feels ill or is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 not enter the Administration Building.
Residents can also send payments via mail to Town of Taber, A 4900 50th Street, Taber, AB, T1G 1T1. Mailed payments must be date stamped by Canada Post for the payment due date.
There is also a safe and secure drop box outside of the Town Administration Building front doors where residents can drop off documents and/or payments if they so wish. We are checking this dropbox regularly, and assure our citizens it is safe to leave your documents in. Our staff will issue receipts by mail.
To find out the latest information about whether facilities are open or what programs are being offered in light of COVID-19, please call us at 403-223-5544 (3) (Monday to Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM) or email us. You can also follow the Recreation Department on Facebook for the most recent updates.
Event Cancellations, Closures and Considerations
Based on the Government of Alberta's recommendations regarding large events and social isolating, the following event considerations have taken place:
- Coffee with Council has been cancelled until further notice. If you want to get in contact with a member of Council, please use their contact information.
- All board, committee, and commission meetings are now able to be carried out. To see future dates, please visit our calendar.
- All Council meetings will continue on as scheduled. We encourage the public to watch Council meetings from home via our livestream.
The Town of Taber continues to monitor the Government of Alberta's recommendations and will adjust future events accordingly as plans for events change. We will also notify the public on our official Town of Taber Facebook and Twitter profiles for any Town-planned events that may be affected.
What Can I do to Protect Myself and Others?
AHS encourages residents to follow preventative measures which include:
- Stay home as much as possible, and only go out for essential items
- Wash your hands frequently and using best practices
- Wearing a mask in line with the Government of Alberta masking mandates
- Avoid touching your face, mouth, and nose with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched surfaces and areas
- If you are feeling ill, you are required to stay at home and away from others. See more here.
- Cover your cough and sneezes, then wash your hands
- Do not visit seniors or people with pre-existing conditions as they are most susceptible to the virus.
More questions? Visit this link for more information.
The Town of Taber wishes to stress that residents get their information from reputable sources. Misinformation can be detrimental during issues like COVID-19, and it is important that residents verify the information they are receiving, particularly what they are seeing on social media.
Please refer to the following as the most factual and up-to-date information on COVID-19:
What if I have Recently Traveled or Planning to Travel?
Please click here for the Government of Alberta's requirements and rules for those who are considering travelling or have recently returned from travel.
Please note that the Government of Alberta is not recommending travel outside of Canada at this time, and the Government of Canada has put in new rules for those returning from travel.
All citizens should carefully consider their travel plans and the possibility of being exposed prior to making arrangements and travelling abroad.
Mental Health Resources
The COVID-19 pandemic can take a strain on your mental health. Alberta Health Services has a number of resources available at their "Help in Tough Times" webpage. Access it here.
There is also a comprehensive "Taking Charge of What you Can: a COVID-19 Toolkit" also available to read here.
Where Can I Find More Information?
Please refer to official sources of information for COVID-19 to ensure the information you are getting is factual, timely, and relevant.
Official sources of information for COVID-19 are found here:
- Government of Alberta website
- Government of Canada website
- World Health Organization website
- Alberta Health Services website
If you still have questions about what the Town of Taber is doing for COVID-19 that are not addressed above, please email us and we will respond as soon as possible.
Resources for Businesses
For business supports, please visit the Government of Alberta's website here.
For up-to-date business restrictions, please visit the Provincial Government's website here.
If you have employees that are new to Canada, Taber and District Adult Learning has a resource tip sheet regarding COVID-19 here.