Property Tax Payment Information
Payments will be accepted at any time (subject to penalties). All cheques must be made payable to the Town of Taber. Cheques are conditional payment until the cheque is honored. Penalties will apply for any dishonored payments. Payments rendered with any conditions attached will not be accepted. All payments will be applied first to arrears of taxes and secondly to current taxes.
Terms & Payment of Account
Bills for service are due and payable in full by the due date. Failure to receive or loss of the utility statement cannot be accepted as a reason for non-payment or exemption from penalties.
For your convenience, the Town of Taber Administration Offices are open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Payments may be made in person at A-4900 50 Street, by mail or through the after-hours drop box located outside the main entrance of the Town of Taber Administration Offices.
- Payments are accepted at participating chartered banks, credit unions or Alberta treasury branches in person or by internet banking, telephone banking and through automated banking machines.
- Post-dated cheques dated on or before the due date indicated on the front of this notice.
Please speak with Town of Taber Administration Staff to learn about our Pre-Authorized Tax Payment Plan.
The Town of Taber has passed a bylaw that provides for the imposition of penalties on unpaid taxes as follows:
- 6% of the unpaid current taxes remaining unpaid after June 30 of the current year
- An additional 6% of the unpaid current taxes remaining unpaid after July 31 of the current year
12% of the total amalgamated taxes remaining unpaid after December 31 in the current and in each succeeding year thereafter as long as the taxes remain unpaid.
Effective Date of Payment
The effective date of payment, for payments mailed to the Town of Taber, will be the date of the postmark from Canada Post. If the postmark of Canada Post is absent or illegible, the effective date of payment will be the actual date of receipt by the Town of Taber. The imprint of a postage meter is not acceptable proof of the date of mailing.