Commercial Burn Permits
In Taber, commercial burn permits are issued at the discretion of the Fire Chief. Applications must be made in person at the fire hall at A- 5207 Avenue.
Recreational fire pits are allowed without a permit number in the Town of Taber and must follow the Fire Services bylaw requirements.
Installing a Backyard Fire Pit In Town
Fire pits are classified as recreational fires. Permissible fire pits under the bylaw have the following characteristics:
- Fire pits must be at least 10 feet (3.048 m) away from any property line or structure.
- Fire pits must be constructed of noncombustible material on a noncombustible base.
- Fire pits must be covered with a quarter-inch (6mm) maximum metal mesh grate
- Fire pits must be supervised by a person 18 years of age or older.
- Only clean, dry wood may be burned in fire pits.