Commercial Burn Permits
In town, commercial burn permits are issued at the discretion of the fire chief. Application must be made in person at the fire hall at 6201 54th Avenue. Recreational fire pits are allowed without a permit number in the Town of Taber and must follow bylaw requirements.
Installing a Backyard Fire Pit In Town
Fire pits are classified as recreational fires. Permissible fire pits under the bylaw have the following characteristics:
- Fire pits must be at least 10 feet (3.048 m) away from any property line or structure.
- Fire pits must be constructed of noncombustible material on a noncombustible base.
- Fire pits must be covered with a quarter-inch (6mm) maximum metal mesh grate
- Fire pits must be supervised by a person 18 years of age or older.
- Only clean, dry wood may be burned in fire pits.