Town of TaberHome Menu
You don't have to go at it alone working in the Town of Taber - The following local support organizations can help!
Chinook Community Futures
Community Futures provides training and support to small businesses in the Taber region. They also offer small business loans for entrepreneurs with great ideas to strengthen and diversify the rural economy. Visit their website here.
Taber & District Chamber of Commerce
The Taber & District Chamber of Commerce supports its members with efforts to increase local business and by promoting community events, including Cornfest, Annual Awards (Citizen of the Year, Small Business, Spirit of Taber, Outstanding Customer Service), Annual Parade, the Midnight Madness local shopping initiative as well as the Award Wining Taber Pheasant Festival. Visit their website here.
SouthGrow Regional Initiative
SouthGrow is an economic development alliance of twenty-four south central Alberta communities committed to working together to achieve prosperity. SouthGrow can equip you with the information, contacts, and support you need to succeed. Visit their website here.
Taber Regional Joint Economic Development Committee
The JEDC is a community initiative comprised of the Town of Taber, MD of Taber, Town of Vauxhall, Village of Barnwell, Taber & District Chamber of Commerce, and the Vauxhall & District Chamber of Commerce. The JEDC provides recommendations to the individual members on economic development issues and implements strategic initiatives in the region to support business development. Visit their website here.
Regional Innovation Network of Southern Alberta (RINSA)
RINSA is here to help businesses bring new products or processes to market. The purpose of RINSA is to offer entrepreneurs and small and medium-sized businesses access to: innovation support, technology transfer and commercialization programs; marketing, business development, training and export development services; networking, matchmaking and business incubation opportunities; and funding at various stages (vouchers, angel investment, venture capital). Find out more about RINSA.
Small Business Support Resources
- The Alberta Small Business Resources: This Government of Alberta web page is a directory of business resources for new and established entrepreneurs.
- Business Scale-Up and Productivity program: This Government of Canada Initiative supports businesses at various stages of development wanting to accelerate their growth, scale-up, and be more productive and competitive in both domestic and global markets. It offers interest-free funding to western Canadian companies
- The Business Link: The Business Link helps people navigate steps toward starting their own businesses. They provide one-on-one support and guidance, market research, access to experts, training, networking opportunities, and specialized support for Indigenous entrepreneurs.
- Alberta Women Entrepreneurs: Is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to enabling women to build successful businesses. AWE provides unique programs and services to women at all stages of business through advising, financing, mentoring, and skills and network development.
- Business Development Bank of Canada: provides advisory services to help business scale up, innovate, and access new markets.
- Futurpreneur Canada: is a national non-profit organization that provides financing, mentoring and support tools to young entrepreneurs between the ages of 18-39.
- Startup Canada: is a network of over 200,000 entrepreneurs that acts similar to an industry association by educating and advocating for entrepreneurs as well as assisting entrepreneurial support organizations around the country.
- Export Development Canada: EDC is Canada's export credit agency. EDC supports and develops Canada's export trade by helping Canadian companies respond to international business opportunities. EDC provides insurance and financial services, bonding products and small business solutions to Canadian exporters and investors and their international buyers.
Thinking of Doing Business with the Government?
The Town of Taber posts all public tenders to our website here. Learn about current bid and contract opportunities available to consultants, service providers, contractors, vendors, or suppliers.
For provincial procurement opportunities, visit the Alberta Government Purchasing Connection here.
For federal government procurement opportunities, visit Government of Canada's opportunities site here.