Below you will find links to information that will help you make decisions regarding the well-being of your business and staff. Also included here will be a list of local, provincial, and national organizations that will be providing resources and information during the COVID-19 global pandemic. Our team will strive to update this page as often as possible to ensure that Taber's business community has easy access to accurate and up-to-date information. We will also post information periodically to our Twitter account, @TaberEcDev.
The Economic Developers of Alberta (EDA) have put together a survey to help assess the needs of the business community. You can find that survey here. This short survey will help economic developers across the province understand the needs of businesses during and after the COVID 19 global pandemic, and craft support programs and policies to help address those needs.
Town of Taber businesses can also access all the tools and information from the Lethbridge Region Economic Recovery Task Force. Businesses can call the hotline at 1-587-800-3356 for any questions related to business support services being offered during and following the COVIV19 pandemic.
If you have any questions, please contact our Economic development officer Ben Young at email@example.com
Government of Alberta Relaunch Strategy
The Government of Alberta has released 'Opening Soon: Alberta's Relaunch Strategy' document that outlines the phased-approach to relaunch the economy.
In accordance to the Government of Alberta Relaunch Strategy, Stage 1 will allow some businesses and faculties to re-open and resume full operations as early as May 14th with enhanced infection prevention and controls in place. The list of lifted restrictions include:
- Some retail businesses like clothing, furniture and book stores.
- All farmers' market vendors.
- Some personal services like hairstyling and barber shops.
- More scheduled surgeries and dental procedures.
- Cafes, restaurants, pubs and bars can reopen for public seating at 50% capacity, but people will not be able to go to the bar to order drinks, they will need to be served at the table.
- Museums and art galleries.
- Some additional outdoor recreation.
- Daycares and out-of-school care, with occupancy limits.
- Summer camps, with occupancy limits (this could include summer school).
- Post-secondary institutions will continue course delivery, but method (online, in-person or blend) will depend on the restrictions in place at each phase.
If your business has specific questions regarding the relaunch you can contact Alberta Biz Connect.
Sources of Information:
Government of Canada - Economic Response Plan: Support for Canadians and Businesses
Government of Canada - Advanced Payments Program
Government of Canada - Temporary Wage Subsidy for Employers
Government of Canada - Changes to Canada Summer Jobs Grant
Government of Alberta - Support for employers and employees
Government of Alberta - Alberta Chief Medical Officer Daily Updates
Town of Taber - COVID19 Information
Business Development Bank of Canada - Additional measures to provide relief for Canadian entrepreneurs
Business Development Bank of Canada - Business continuity plan and template for entrepreneurs
COVID19 Continuity - Resources to help business leader continuity planning
Economic Development Lethbridge - COVID 19 Self Assessment tool for Business
Alberta Health Services - List of Essential Services