Business licenses are required for:
- Every trade, profession, industry, occupation, or activity for the provision of goods and services
- Contractors & subcontractors – both resident and non-resident
- Door to door sales
- Home Occupations (any business operated from or at your residence)
Vehicle Sales Businesses: also require AMVIC license
Personal Services (piercing, hair dressing, esthetics, tattooing, etc.): first call Alberta Health Services at 403-223-7230
- Door to door sales and peddlers information
- Starting a Business: Alberta Guide
- Health Standards for Personal Services: AB Government
The Town of Taber is now on BizPal! Here you can find information about permits and licenses you may require when starting or operating your business. This service is provided by the Government of Alberta and is a great resource if you are not sure where to start.
If you have any questions regarding business licensing, please contact our Planning & Economic Development Department at 403-223-5500 ext 6009 or email us.