"Meat us" at our place for a day celebrating our local meat and ag producers, friendly competition, and an afternoon of community. Come out to "smoke" the competition and win prizes!
A special thank you to our sponsors below for their support of this event. It would not be possible without you!
2023 Event Details:
- Saturday, June 10th, 2023
- Confederation Park
Schedule of Events:
- 8 AM-10 AM: Contestants show up/ set up
- 12 PM: Head chef meeting
- 1 PM: DJ starts
- 1:30PM: NEW Kids Competition Starts
- 2 PM: Kids Competition Judging Starts
- 1-3 PM: Samples from BBQ'ers who wish to participate - PEOPLES CHOICE contest
- 3 PM: Kids Competition Winners Announced (Stage)
- 1-5 PM: Outdoor family games
- 2 PM: Live music starts
- 4 PM: $5 Pig roast dinner (proceeds to Taber Charity Auction)
- 4-5 PM: Adult Competition Judging
- 6 PM: Winners announced for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place & Peoples Choice for Adult Competition
- 7 PM: Live music finished
- 8 PM: Event complete
This will be a licensed event. Liquor sales will take place on the grounds. No outside liquor is permitted.
Interested in registering a team?
Registration Form - Adult Rib Competition
Registration Form - Kid's Hot Dog Competition
2023 Teams (Adult Rib)
- Panther BBQ
We are keeping it simple in 2023: ribs reign supreme (pork or beef, chef's choice). Early bird registration price of $50 ends on May 31st, 2023! After that, the registration fee is $100.
- First Place ($500)
- Second Place ($300)
- Third Place ($200)
- People's Choice Award
- First Place
- Second Place
- Third Place
A Thank You to our 2023 Sponsors!
The generosity of our local sponsors astounds us! Thank you to each of the sponsors below for your generosity and for your help in supporting our event! Check back as we will be adding many more names to this list soon!
- Medicine Hat Brewing Company
- Taber Firefighters Association
- Taber Police Association
- Sunset Feeders
- The Loft
- Gouw Onions
- Sandy Store Feeders
- Thistle Ridge
- TFS Expanse
- Big Bend
- Pinnacle Landscaping, Tree Care, and Sod
- Taber Cattle
- Sandy Hill