A celebration of local meat producers and emergency service personnel in Southern Alberta!
Join us for a day of friendly competition followed by live entertainment, beer gardens, and a $5.00 pulled pork dinner, with all the profits being donated to the Taber STARS Charity Auction. We hope you can come and celebrate our local meat producers and the emergency services personnel throughout Southern Alberta!
- Saturday, May 25th, 2019
- Confederation Park
- Contest: 8AM - 5PM
- Taber Public Library Physical Literacy Games: 1 - 5PM
- Bounce houses: 1 - 5PM
- Dinner: 5PM ($5 pulled pork dinner, with all proceeds going towards STARS Charity Auction)
- Live Music: 3PM - 10 PM (see below for set list)
- This event is family friendly, but please note there will be liquor sales (must be 18+ with legal ID to purchase liquor)
BBQ Contest Details:
- Trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd in both Emergency Services and General Public Categories.
- Anyone is welcome to register!
- There will also be one "Best Overall" trophy.
- Both categories will be "chef's choice" of meat.
- All teams must bring their own barbecue (wood, pellet, charcoal or electric only- propane barbecues not permitted).
- Registration form and entry fee ($100.00) must be received no later than May 15th, 2019.
Registration is now closed. Thank you to all who registered!
A Thank You to our Sponsors!
This event would not be possible without the generosity of these businesses in the area. Thank you to each and every one who have been so generous towards this event!
Ashbros Enterprises Ltd.
PepsiCo (Frito Lay)
Sandy Hill Stock Farms (Richard and Margie Visser)
Shipwheel Cattle Feeders Ltd.
South Country Co-Op
Sunrise Poultry Processors Ltd.
Sunset Feeders (Keith Ypma)
Taber Animal Clinic
Taber and Distrcit Chamber of Commerce
Taber Cold Beer and Liquor Store
Taber Commercial Cleaners Ltd
Taber Economic Development
Taber Firefighters Association
Taber Home Hardware
Tavin Supply (Sid Tams)
TFS Expanse Feedlots
Thistle Ridge Ranch