Town of TaberHome Menu
Notice of Transfer Station Upgrades & Impacts to Services
Post Date:04/12/2023 8:44 AM
Return to full list >>
Our Transfer Station building is getting a much-needed upgrade this spring and with upgrades comes some service changes we want to let the public know about:
Construction Materials at the Transfer Station
- From Monday, April 17th to Tuesday, June 20th, the Transfer Station will not be accepting any construction renovation materials. These materials will have to be brought to another landfill or kept until after the upgrades are complete.
- Residential collection will still take place on normal collection days, but your carts may be collected at a different time than you are used to (ie: collected at 1 PM instead of your typical 10 AM). If you have your carts placed for pickup by 7 AM on collection day, they will be collected by 7 PM that same day. We appreciate your patience.
- Commercial collection days may be different than what businesses are used to. Your bins will still be collected the same number of times per week (once or twice, depending on your service), but they may be collected on a different weekday as the truck will be doing 4 days of collection per week instead of our usual 3 (as the truck will have to take the loads to Lethbridge). Please do not park near/block commercial waste bins to allow our collectors access.
Services NOT Affected:
The Transfer Station will remain open during this time, and these upgrades WILL NOT affect any of the following:
- Wood, metal, or any other recycling drop-offs
- Residents can still bring small loads of household waste to the Transfer Station (we will have a bin available for this purpose)
- Compost drop-off or pickup from the finished compost pile
We appreciate the public’s patience while the Transfer Station undergoes some TLC. For any questions, you are always welcome to contact the Public Works Shop at 403-223-6018 or firstname.lastname@example.org