Aquafun Centre Reopening Monday, June 15th
Our Aquafun Centre Staff have missed you! The Town of Taber is pleased to announce that as part of Phase 2 of the Alberta Relaunch Strategy, the Aquafun Centre will be reopening for business on Monday, June 15th at 6:00 AM. Since the Aquafun’s closure in March, we have made some upgrades to our pool. We are thrilled to welcome you back (safely of course) so you can see them in person.
As part of our reopening, we have implemented a number of measures that we are asking all users to adhere to for their safety and as per the Government of Alberta’s guidelines. Please review them prior to visiting the Aquafun Centre:
When the new pool schedule is ready, it can be accessed here.
- A number of our scheduled programming will have maximum limits. We are encouraging users to call us at 403-223-5544 ext 3 to book your spot ahead of time
- Fitness Swim & Senior Swim are limited to 10 people at a time. We encourage users to sign up prior for a 1-hour spot.
- Aquafit is limited to 12 people. We are highly encouraging our patrons to sign up prior to the lesson.
- Adult & Tot is limited to 20 people in the leisure pool.
- Open Swim is limited to 100 people. We are also encouraging users to come at non-peak times.
- The above numbers are subject to adjustment at any time.
- If you drop in to any of the programs above and they are not yet full, our staff will happily let you enter.
- Leisure pool, lap pool, waterslide, and change rooms are all open
- Whirlpool, sauna, and steam room are closed. They will reopen in Stage 3
- Please adhere to social distancing in change rooms. Limit your touch points and be cautious around neighboring lockers. Our staff will be cleaning the change rooms throughout the day, but the Town encourages washing your hands before and after leaving the change rooms
- There will be a limited amount of people allowed in the viewing area at one time. Tables have been removed for the time being
- Please follow the social distance markers when you are in the main lobby
- Pool equipment will be available to use. Our staff will have a “clean pile” and a place to drop off “used/dirty equipment.” Our staff will then disinfect the equipment and return them to the “clean” pile for use.
- We encourage patrons to pay using credit or debit. However, we are still taking cash
Swim Lessons and Advanced Courses
- More information on lessons and courses will be announced soon. Please stay tuned to the Town of Taber Recreation Facebook Page for further posts
- Passes will be taken off hold and will be extended for the amount of time the Aquafun Centre was closed. This will be done on a person-by-person basis. If you do not feel ready to visit the Aquafun Centre yet or you would rather pay, our staff will be happy to accommodate. If you have any questions, please give our Aquafun Staff a call at 403-223-5544 ext 3
Disinfecting and Protocols
- If you are feeling ill or experiencing any symptoms, please do not attend the Aquafun Centre
- Our debit machines are being disinfected after every use.
- Our change rooms, washrooms, and higher traffic areas are being cleaned on an ongoing basis daily
For any other questions, please contact the Aquafun Centre at 403-223-5544 ext 3.