Summer Program Assistants
- Type:Limited Term
- Salary/Pay Rate:$17.08 - $19.88
- Posted Date:03/04/2019 3:30 PM
- Deadline to Apply:03/22/2019 4:30 PM
Summer Programs Assistant
The Town of Taber is currently recruiting an enthusiastic individual to assist with summer programs for youths & coordination/planning of Canada Day and the Cornfest Fun Run.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director of Recreation and working directly with Summer Program Leaders:
• Assist with the delivery of summer programs for youth. Includes leading activities for the children and supervision.
• In conjunction with Summer Program Leaders, coordinate Canada Day celebrations and the Cornfest Fun Run in Taber. Be available throughout these events to monitor, assist, and respond to any issues.
• Provide input into the development of a final report for the Programs as well as Cornfest Fun Run, including recommendations for the next summer programs season.
• Responsible to adhere to all Town of Taber policies and procedures to ensure the health and safety of all staff, volunteers and general public.
• Participates in the workplace health and safety program, including monthly worksite and hazard inspections.
• Other duties as may be presented by the Director of Recreation.
• Prefer candidate entering post-secondary education in a related field (i.e. Recreation, Child and Youth Care, Education, etc)
• Strong computer skills, demonstrated through education or work experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Availability to work overtime on nights and weekends.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and access to a vehicle.
• Standard First Aid/CPR/AED training an asset.
• Ability to provide a clean Police Information Check.
This position is included within the scope of CUPE Local 2038.
HOURS OF WORK: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday plus overtime on evenings and weekends as required.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Seasonal - June 26 to August 31, 2019
HOURLY WAGE: $17.08 - $19.188an hour
COMPETITION CLOSE DATE: March 22, 2019 @ 4:30pm
Application form available at www.taber.ca and at the Town of Taber office
Applicants: Please submit applications/resumes along with cover letter (including references) by March 22, 2019 to:
Town of Taber
4900 A – 50 St., Taber, AB T1G 1T1
Fax: 403-223-5530 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org