Summer Program Leader
- Type:Limited Term
- Salary/Pay Rate:$17.08 - $19.88
- Posted Date:03/04/2019 3:30 PM
- Deadline to Apply:03/22/2019 4:30 PM
Summer Programs Leader
The Town of Taber is currently recruiting enthusiastic individual to plan and lead summer programs for youths, coordinate Summer Programs and plan events such as Canada Day, Cornfest Fun Run and Kids Can Catch events.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director of Recreation
• Act as the Summer Program Leader for the Town of Taber, coordinating events, taking registrations, advertising & promotion, etc.
• Plan, advertise and deliver summer programs for kids.
• Coordinate the Canada Day celebration in Taber. Be available throughout the celebration to monitor, assist, and respond to any issues.
• Coordinate the Cornfest, Fun Run, and Kids Can Catch in Taber. Be available throughout the Fun Run to monitor, assist, and respond to any issues.
• Work with established accounting systems for Summer Programs, Canada Day, Cornfest, Fun Run and Kids Can Catch.
• Prepare a final report for each Special Event and Program, including recommendations for the next summer programs season.
• Responsible to adhere to all Town of Taber policies and procedures to ensure the health and safety of all staff, volunteers and general public.
• Participates in the workplace health and safety program, including monthly worksite and hazard inspections.
• Works in conjunction with other department heads where needed.
• Other duties as may be presented by the Director of Recreation.
• Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
• Relevant post-secondary education would be an asset (i.e. Recreation, Child and Youth Care, Education, etc)
• Strong computer skills, demonstrated through education or work experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Availability to work overtime on nights and weekends.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and access to a vehicle.
• Standard First Aid/CPR/AED training would be an asset.
• Ability to provide a clean Police Information check.
This position is included within the scope of CUPE Local 2038.
HOURS OF WORK: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday plus overtime on evenings and weekends as required.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Seasonal – May 1 to August 28, 2019
HOURLY WAGE: $17.08-$19.88 an hour
COMPETITION CLOSE DATE: March 22, 2019 @ 4:30pm
Application form available at www.taber.ca and at the Town of Taber office
Applicants: Please submit applications/resumes along with cover letter (including references) by March 22, 2019 to:
Human Resources Town of Taber
4900 A – 50 St., Taber, AB T1G 1T1
Fax: 403-223-5530 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org