Information Technology Security Analyst
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:32.52/hr
- Posted Date:10/04/2022 4:00 PM
Information Technology Security Analyst
Competition No. JP 22-031
The IT Security Analyst will be responsible for assisting with the continuous operation and maintenance of the Town of Taber’s Information Technology infrastructure and the IT systems of the Taber Police Service. The IT Security Analyst performs day to day operations of the in-place security solutions, while working on identification, investigation, and resolution of security breaches detected by those systems and conducts vulnerability audits and assessments. The IT Security Analyst is expected to be fully aware of the Town’s security goals as established by its stated policies, procedures, and guidelines and to actively work towards upholding those goals. This job will be located at the Taber Police Services. This position falls within the scope of CUPE Local 2038.
- Work is performed in an office with some work at other Town facilities.
- May be required to work overtime for events, such as systems upgrades or security breaches.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Network software maintenance tasks, such as Active Directory, VMware, Exchange, and Microsoft Servers.
- Network hardware maintenance tasks, such as installing and configuring switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Software installation, configuration, and support for a wide range of software programs, such as Microsoft Office, MS Dynamics, Carbon Black, Darktrace and CAD System.
- Desktop computer, computer peripheral support and mobile and handheld device support.
- VOIP telephone system support.
- Network maintenance tasks, such as backups, software updates, upkeep of email and database systems, and virus & spam control.
- Manage deadlines and prioritize dynamically changing work requests.
- Recommend additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security.
- Perform the deployment, integration, and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions.
- Maintain operational configurations of all in-place security solutions as per the established baselines.
- Monitor all in-place security solutions for efficient and appropriate operations.
- Review logs and reports of all in-place devices, whether they be under direct control (i.e., security tools) or not (e.g., workstations, servers, network devices). Interpret the implications of that activity and devise plans for appropriate resolution.
- Participate in investigations into problematic activity.
- Participate in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests, and security audits.
- Assist Taber Police Services with Forensic Analysis.
- Maintain an acceptable level of security clearance for access to Town data and police data.
- On-call, after hours support is required when needed due to organizational requirements.
- Drive to various sites within the Town of Taber to perform the above duties.
- Participate in the workplace health and safety program, including monthly worksite and hazard inspections.
- Any other ad hoc duties as deemed necessary in relation to this position.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to work both individually and in team environments.
- Organizational skills (set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities).
- Problem solving skills (assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem).
- Ability to adapt in a constantly changing work environment.
PHYSICAL, MOTOR & VISUAL SKILLS:
- Physical Skills Work requires moderate physical strength and effort occasionally, such as lifting approximately twenty pounds, carrying object(s) and stacking them or placing them in a storage area.
- Motor Skills Work requires pulling, pushing, standing, or walking throughout workday.
- Visual Skills Work requires reading and reviewing documents both in paper and electronic form.
- Completion of a degree or diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related discipline.
- Additional certification (CompTIA S+, MCSE, CCNA, ISC, etc.) is considered an asset.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Standard First Aid and CPR/AED or willingness to obtain.
- Ability to provide a clean Police Information Check.
DURATION: Fulltime position
START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5hrs/week; Monday – Friday - 8:00am – 4:30pm, overtime as required.
CLOSE DATE: Open until a suitable candidate is found
This position falls within the scope of CUPE Local 2038 and therefore, internal candidates will be given first consideration.
Please reference the competition number when submitting your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Town of Taber
4900 A 50 St.
Taber, AB T1G 1T1
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.