Become a Citizen on Patrol
To qualify as a citizens on patrol member one must:
- Abide by the rules and requirements of the patrol
- Be a resident of Taber
- Be able to participate in at least one shift every two months
- Be eighteen years of age or older
- Be of good character
- Pass the security screening required by the Taber Police Service
- Satisfy the program coordinator of your genuine commitment to the deterrence of unlawful activity in the community
Each patrol member is required to attend a training seminar. Here a member will learn the rules, regulations, and mandate of the program as well as their deportment and role with the police and the community. This and further training opportunities will teach you what types of activities are considered suspicious and need to be reported, observation techniques, incident reporting, note taking, and traffic direction.
How to Become a Citizen on Patrol
Since the number of volunteers in this program is not limited, the Taber Police Service Citizens on Patrol coordinator will accept your application at any time. Please drop by the office, located at 5700 50 Avenue, to obtain an application.
You may also contact Citizens on Patrol Coordinator Cst. Dave Gyepesi
at 403-223-8991 or via fax at 403-223-5540.