Permits & Inspections
When beginning the home building process, refer to the following guidelines.
- Check that the property is zoned for this kind of project.
- Check required setbacks from property lines.
- Have the site / grade plan professionally surveyed showing house on the lot (approved by developer in new subdivisions).
- Complete development permit and building permit application
- Obtain three copies of building plans (approved by developer in new subdivisions).
- Call Superior Safety Codes Inc. directly for electrical, gas, and plumbing permits at 403-320-0734.
Accepted payment methods include cash, cheque, or debit card only.
Before beginning the construction phase, refer to the following guidelines.
- Pick up your Plan Review and Building Permit at the Town of Taber Planning Department, located at 4900A 50 Street.
- Call Superior Safety Codes Inc. for your inspections as work progresses at 403-320-0734.
Finishing the Project
As you wrap up your home building project, refer to the following guidelines.
- Call Superior Safety Codes Inc. at 403-320-0734 for final inspection.
- Obtain the Permit Services Report issued by Superior Safety Codes Inc.
- Submit Real Property Report Survey to the Planning Department, located at 4900A 50 Street.
- Call the Town of Taber at 403-223-5500 for inspection of sidewalks / site and refund of deposit.
- Notify the town's utility clerk to set up water billing account.
- Obtain the Permit Services Report (Occupancy Permit) from the Planning Department.